I have not posted for a long time! However, I have been on a slight learning curve. I have been designing a new style of branding for my internal Intranet. Unfortunately, I came under a bit of a problem when I started clicking the auto-generated links, such as the ‘home’ button, links to lists and documents … More Removing the ‘start.aspx’ from links created by SharePoint
This has been driving me crazy for a while now. Managed to migrate a SharePoint 2010 content database to SharePoint 2013 first time with little effort. But, to do it a second time – no. I was receiving a lot of errors saying that certain features were missing – some of which were not even … More SharePoint Content Database Migration – Missing Features and 404 Errors
When I migrated the content databases from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013, a lot of standard users with Read-Only permissions could not access the SharePoint 2013 site. They got a great big dirty error of ‘Access Denied’. The user was allowed to request access, but even if access was granted, they were still faced with … More Access Denied for Users after Database Migration from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013
Hi guys, This is a little bit like deja vu. I created a new Data List View for a document library I wanted to display to all of the users. However, I received an error that looks like this (click to enlarge) –
When you are creating web parts and you try to look at it in another browser, you are sometimes prompted with this unwanted message: Web Part Error: A Web Part or Web Form Control on this Page cannot be displayed or imported. The type <Name of your WebPart>, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c7317cce5826e891 could not be found … More Making a WebPart ‘Safe’ via SafeControls
I have just come across a problem with the SharePoint DateTimeControl and validation. I tried using the Regular Expression validator that ASP.NET has to offer, but to no avail.
In my last blog post that I wrote, I wrote about a problem that I found. Powershell may chuck an error at you that says, This solution contains no resources scoped for a Web application.
As I have been having trouble with manually adding my finished SharePoint project to a different web application, I have had to turn to using Powershell to get my project deployed from one web application to the next.
This question stumped me for a couple of days. I found it difficult because you could not just add the date time to the textbox that the SharePoint datetimecontrol provided.
I have spent two days now trying to find a suitable solution that will enable the ‘Announcements’ list web part to display more than 250 characters.